Director of Children and Family Ministries
Monument Community Presbyterian Church
Director of Children and Family Ministries -
Monument Community Presbyterian Church is a mid-sized church located in Monument. MCPC exists to share a contagious passion for Jesus Christ by providing the congregation with the tools to grow as disciples. We believe every child, youth and adult are called to the faith-filled adventure of life in intimate communion with God, authentic relationships with one another and dynamic witness in the world.
The Director of Children and Family Ministries leads our children and their families to provide a safe, caring and joyful environment for Children. Encouraging them to come to know and grow in their relationship with God through Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Work with the Pastor and Session to carry out the vision of Monument Community Presbyterian Church as it relates to children’s ministries.
● Oversee all aspects of our children’s ministries
● Work with our volunteer leaders to minister to those from birth-5th grade
● Develop and implement curriculum/discipleship strategies for children
● Assist in recruiting, training, and leading volunteer leaders
● Lead and oversee programs such as VBS, Sunday School and Children’s Church that contribute to Children’s Spiritual growth.
● Teach the Christian faith with emphasis on scripture and PC(USA) creeds in the reformed tradition.
● Equip and encourage the congregation to assist with Children’s Ministry.
● Oversee nursery operations and manage the nursery volunteers’ schedule.
● In partnership with Christian Formation Team, develop and manage children’s ministries budget
● Develop and implement strategies to connect with children and families in the community
● Integrate children’s ministries into the total ministry and mission of the church
● Other tasks, as directed
● Personal infectious relationship with Jesus Christ
● Demonstrates an active faith life
● Passion for children and families
● Bachelor’s Degree and experience in Children’s Ministry (preferred)
● Highly collaborative and has good communication skills
● Values and has an understanding of Christian spiritual formation/discipleship
● Gifted at building relationships with children, parents and families
● Servant Leader with strong Organizational and Administrative skills
This is a 20 hours per week non -ordained position with a semi-flexible schedule. Compensation for this position begins at $21-23/hour based on past experience.